@MommaMandyBlog’s EV Adventure
Join Mandy and her family as they road trip across the Sunshine State, stopping at the shelly beaches of Fort Myers, Palm Beach’s Lion Country Safari, Fort Lauderdale’s Museum of Discovery and Science, and more!View Itinerary
Mandy Cox’s EV Itinerary
- Kick off your trip with a drive to Fort Myers, the home of shell-covered beaches and top-notch fishing. Stop by the Colonial Square Plaza to charge, grab a bite to eat and all your road trip necessities.
- Trek across the Sunshine State and enjoy the east coast of Florida while driving through Palm Beach. Visit Lion Country Safari and recharge before taking in nearly 600 acres of natural area and over 900 animals, all from your electric vehicle!
- Make your way south on I-95 and take Exit 31 onto Oakland Park Boulevard to recharge at FPL EVolution’s newest fast charging location. Buy some snacks and water at the nearby 7-Eleven before checking into the Riverside Hotel in downtown Fort Lauderdale.
- Start your morning at the Museum of Discovery and Science in Downtown Fort Lauderdale, where you can explore an open-air grand atrium, a live animal collection, a 27,000-square-foot outdoor Science Park, an FPL SolarNow solar tree and a number of interactive permanent exhibits, including FPL’s Power On! interactive restoration exhibit.
- After your scientific expedition, enjoy an afternoon on Las Olas Boulevard, home to everything from fashion boutiques and art galleries to memorable restaurants, sidewalk cafes and bars.
- If you find yourself in need of a charge, revisit the fast chargers on Oakland Park Boulevard and get some more road trip snacks before heading back home!
= EV Charging Available